News & Events
Fillip 12 Now Available
October 1, 2010 / Fillip is pleased to announce the worldwide availability of its twelfth issue!
Developed in conjunction with the commission of a site-specific project by Dutch artist Mark Manders, Fillip 12 weighs a discussion of art and publicness against a range of topics including New Institutionalism; affect, critique, and the city; riot shows; public art; and the photographic legacy of Hurricane Katrina, among other considerations.
In an effort to stimulate a dialogue on the concerns of publicness, content of the issue was distributed online through various social media networks and through Fillip’s mailing list in advance of its print release. This content is “still available” on our Web site in full, free of charge. The issue is available for purchase for $15 postage paid
Following launch events and lectures in Berlin, Rotterdam, and Vancouver, Fillip 12 had its US launch this past weekend in San Francisco at Art Publishing Now, a book fair and summit organized by Southern Exposure. The launch will be followed by a series of events in the Bay Area, concluding with a public talk at SFMOMA on October 28.
News and Events Archives
- Institutions by Arists Launch at Et al. 2013-04-07
- Intangible Economies at Artists Space 2013-02-07
- Institutions by Artists 2012-10-12
- Intangible Economies at Art Berlin Contemporary 2012-09-16
- Sumi Ink Club 2012-08-18
- Grouper: Sleep 2012-08-16
- Robert Ashley Speaking Thru Will Holder 2012-06-14
- Fillip 16: Berlin Launch 2012-05-30
- Fillip 16: Toronto Launch 2012-05-01
- Pa/per View Art Book Fair 2012-03-23
- It's a Book, It's a Stage, It's a Public Place 2012-03-17
- Destroy All Monsters Screening 2012-02-25
- Fillip at ARCO Experts Forum 2012-02-18
- Intangible Economies 2011-11-18
- Quiz Night 2011-10-12
- David Horvitz: Room 129 2011-06-02
- Recent Publications 2011-04-28
- Of Times Recent and Distant 2011-03-30
- Secondary Information: The Persistence and Absence of Criticism 2011-03-19
- The AAAARG Library 2010-11-04
- Everything is Dangerous 2010-10-28
- Fillip 12 Now Available 2010-10-01
- Unter dem Motto 2010-09-03
- International Chilliwack Biennial 2010-07-28
- Motto Storefront: Ooga Booga 2010-07-17
- Motto Storefront: Working Format 2010-07-10
- Motto Storefront: Metahaven 2010-07-03
- Motto Storefront: Oscar Tuazon 2010-06-26
- Motto Storefront: Andjeas Ejiksson 2010-06-19
- Motto Storefront: Avalanche Launch and Screening 2010-06-05
About Fillip Events
Fillip presents ongoing public programming focussing on talks and facilitated discussions by emerging local and international artists and writers. These local events are complimented Fillip’s regular participation in international book fairs, exhibitions, and conferences.
Unless otherwise noted, events hosted by Fillip are free and open to the public. Space is typically limited, so visitors are encouraged to arrive early to guarantee a seat. Unless an alternate location is given, events are held at Fillip’s Vancouver studio at 305 Cambie Street. Please buzz or call 604 781 4417 for access.