News & Events
Stuart Bailey of Dexter Sinister
July 7, 2008, 6:00pm / Fillip is pleased to present a talk by New York based producer, publisher, and writer Stuart Bailey on Monday, July 7th, at 6pm, at the Fillip office, 305 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Bailey will discuss his work vis-à-vis the forthcoming issue of Dot Dot Dot.
Admission is $5 or free with current Fillip subscription. Given space limitations, visitors are encouraged to arrive early to guarantee a seat. Please buzz for access, or call 604 781 4417.
About the Speaker
Stuart Bailey graduated from the University of Reading in 1994, the Werkplaats Typografie in 2000, and co-founded the arts journal Dot Dot Dot the same year with David Reinfurt. He is currently involved in diverse projects at Parsons School of Design and Pasadena Art Center.
With Reinfurt and Sarah Crowner, Bailey operates Dexter Sinister in New York. In 2006, the group produced and published Notes for an Art School in conjunction with the Manifesta 6 art school project proposed by Mai Abu El-Dahab, Anton Vidokle, and Florian Waldvogel. In 2008, the collective participated in the Whitney Biennial, representing their signature and multifaceted approach to working across the fields of production, design, publishing, and distribution.
According to the artists, their practice “involves avoiding waste by working on demand, utilizing local cheap machinery, considering alternate distribution strategies, and collapsing distinctions of editing, design, production, and distribution into one efficient activity.”
News and Events Archives
- Institutions by Arists Launch at Et al. 2013-04-07
- Intangible Economies at Artists Space 2013-02-07
- Institutions by Artists 2012-10-12
- Intangible Economies at Art Berlin Contemporary 2012-09-16
- Sumi Ink Club 2012-08-18
- Grouper: Sleep 2012-08-16
- Robert Ashley Speaking Thru Will Holder 2012-06-14
- Fillip 16: Berlin Launch 2012-05-30
- Fillip 16: Toronto Launch 2012-05-01
- Pa/per View Art Book Fair 2012-03-23
- It's a Book, It's a Stage, It's a Public Place 2012-03-17
- Destroy All Monsters Screening 2012-02-25
- Fillip at ARCO Experts Forum 2012-02-18
- Intangible Economies 2011-11-18
- Quiz Night 2011-10-12
- David Horvitz: Room 129 2011-06-02
- Recent Publications 2011-04-28
- Of Times Recent and Distant 2011-03-30
- Secondary Information: The Persistence and Absence of Criticism 2011-03-19
- The AAAARG Library 2010-11-04
- Everything is Dangerous 2010-10-28
- Fillip 12 Now Available 2010-10-01
- Unter dem Motto 2010-09-03
- International Chilliwack Biennial 2010-07-28
- Motto Storefront: Ooga Booga 2010-07-17
- Motto Storefront: Working Format 2010-07-10
- Motto Storefront: Metahaven 2010-07-03
- Motto Storefront: Oscar Tuazon 2010-06-26
- Motto Storefront: Andjeas Ejiksson 2010-06-19
- Motto Storefront: Avalanche Launch and Screening 2010-06-05
About Fillip Events
Fillip presents ongoing public programming focussing on talks and facilitated discussions by emerging local and international artists and writers. These local events are complimented Fillip’s regular participation in international book fairs, exhibitions, and conferences.
Unless otherwise noted, events hosted by Fillip are free and open to the public. Space is typically limited, so visitors are encouraged to arrive early to guarantee a seat. Unless an alternate location is given, events are held at Fillip’s Vancouver studio at 305 Cambie Street. Please buzz or call 604 781 4417 for access.