News & Events
Vancouver Launch of Two Artist Multiples
December 5, 2008, 8pm / Fillip is pleased to present the Vancouver launch of the limited edition multiples Two Equal Texts and Five Broadsides on Friday, December 5th, 2008 at the Fillip office, 305 Cambie Street, Vancouver. This event is held in conjunction with the exhibition Local curated by The Apartment for the Fillip office, also opening on December 5th.
Originally conceived for the window of Printed Matter, New York, in 2007, Two Equal Texts is a collaborative anagram produced in series by Micah Lexier and Christian Bök. Foil stamped in red on blue cloth front and back covers, two text statements contrast Lexier’s matter of fact request to Bök’s cryptic response. The work’s textual investigation of an abstract collaborative process is a continuation of Lexier’s recent work 1334 Words for 1334 Students produced with Colm Tóibín and the students of Cawthra Park Secondary School, Mississauga.
Fillip is also pleased to celebrate the availability of Five Broadsides, a limited edition set of five posters on newsprint by Fia Backström, Andrew Dadson, Matthew Higgs, Colter Jacobsen, and Frances Stark. The edition draws on the tradition of the broadside as a method for distributing cultural material cheaply and effectively. Each poster measures 22 × 34 inches, and the set is packaged in a numbered, letterpress-printed envelope.
Andew Dadson and Micah Lexier will be in attendance. For information on the availability of these editions, please visit http://fillip.ca/editions.
News and Events Archives
- Institutions by Arists Launch at Et al. 2013-04-07
- Intangible Economies at Artists Space 2013-02-07
- Institutions by Artists 2012-10-12
- Intangible Economies at Art Berlin Contemporary 2012-09-16
- Sumi Ink Club 2012-08-18
- Grouper: Sleep 2012-08-16
- Robert Ashley Speaking Thru Will Holder 2012-06-14
- Fillip 16: Berlin Launch 2012-05-30
- Fillip 16: Toronto Launch 2012-05-01
- Pa/per View Art Book Fair 2012-03-23
- It's a Book, It's a Stage, It's a Public Place 2012-03-17
- Destroy All Monsters Screening 2012-02-25
- Fillip at ARCO Experts Forum 2012-02-18
- Intangible Economies 2011-11-18
- Quiz Night 2011-10-12
- David Horvitz: Room 129 2011-06-02
- Recent Publications 2011-04-28
- Of Times Recent and Distant 2011-03-30
- Secondary Information: The Persistence and Absence of Criticism 2011-03-19
- The AAAARG Library 2010-11-04
- Everything is Dangerous 2010-10-28
- Fillip 12 Now Available 2010-10-01
- Unter dem Motto 2010-09-03
- International Chilliwack Biennial 2010-07-28
- Motto Storefront: Ooga Booga 2010-07-17
- Motto Storefront: Working Format 2010-07-10
- Motto Storefront: Metahaven 2010-07-03
- Motto Storefront: Oscar Tuazon 2010-06-26
- Motto Storefront: Andjeas Ejiksson 2010-06-19
- Motto Storefront: Avalanche Launch and Screening 2010-06-05
About Fillip Events
Fillip presents ongoing public programming focussing on talks and facilitated discussions by emerging local and international artists and writers. These local events are complimented Fillip’s regular participation in international book fairs, exhibitions, and conferences.
Unless otherwise noted, events hosted by Fillip are free and open to the public. Space is typically limited, so visitors are encouraged to arrive early to guarantee a seat. Unless an alternate location is given, events are held at Fillip’s Vancouver studio at 305 Cambie Street. Please buzz or call 604 781 4417 for access.