Barbara Cole: Making Space
May 31, 2010 / Barbara Cole presents four projects for public space that resinate beyond the remnants of their physical presence. Ken Lum’s Entertainment for Surrey (1978) and Kathleen Ritter’s Call for Works (2010) are discussed, amongst others.
This talk was originally presented on March 27, 2010, as part of Making Space, a conference on art, culture, and publics organized by the Vancouver Art Gallery.
Barbara Cole is a practicing artist, independent curator, educator, project manager, and curatorial consultant in public art. She is the founder and Executive Director of Other Sights for Artists’ Projects, a non-profit society that provides support to artists, writers and curators interested in creating temporary, critically rigorous work for highly visible locations.
- Institutions by Artists: Session One 2013-03-27
- Walter Benjamin: Piet Mondrian 63–69 2013-03-13
- Institutions by Artists: Should artists professio... 2012-11-06
- Institutions by Artists: Is there a space for art... 2012-10-29
- Melanie Gilligan: Intangible Economies 2012-03-12
- Hadley+Maxwell: It seemed like a good idea at the time 2012-02-20
- Antonia Hirsch: Intangible Economies 2012-01-30
- Tania Bruguera: Making Space 2011-01-10
- Tamsin Dillon: Making Space 2010-07-01
- Barbara Cole: Making Space 2010-05-31
- Silvia Kolbowski: Dear Silvia... July 2009 2010-01-11
- Diedrich Diederichsen: Judgment, Objecthood, Temp... 2009-08-07
- Maria Fusco: Say Who I Am: Or A Broad Private Wink 2009-07-31
- Tom Morton: Three or Four Types of Intimacy (and ... 2009-07-24
- William Wood: Notes on the Demise and Persistence... 2009-07-17
- Tirdad Zolghadr: Judgment and Art Criticism 2009-07-10
- AA Bronson: A History of Printed Matter 2008-09-22