News & Events
Fillip Library and Reading Room Launch
August 26, 2009, 7pm / Fillip proudly announces the opening of its library and reading room on Wednesday, August 26, 2009.
The Fillip Library is an expanding collection of new and rare contemporary art books, magazines, critical anthologies, and pamphlets. Beginning September 2009, the collection will be open weekly to the public every Friday from 12pm to 7pm and by appointment.
The books and magazines in the Library have been donated by individuals and organizations from North America, Europe, and Asia since Fillip began in 2004. The collection also incorporates material from the Judgment and Contemporary Art Criticism Reading Room developed in conjunction with Artspeak last spring.
Inquiries regarding donations and publication exchanges can be directed to email@example.com. Contributions can be sent to Fillip Library, 305 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC. V6B 2N4.
For more information, see: http://fillip.ca/library
Launch & Talk with Felicity Tayler of Artexte
Fillip is kicking off the launch of the Library with a talk at 7pm by Felicity Tayler, Information Specialist for Artexte, Montréal.
Artexte is a non-profit organization founded in 1980. It’s collection, unique in Canada, reflects publishing initiatives in contemporary art. The collection documents all aspects of visual arts from 1965 to today with a particular focus on Québec and Canada. Artexte collects, stores and makes accessible this material online and onsite and uses it as inspiration for further study, interpretation and dissemination activities such as a researcher in residency program, conferences, symposiums, and exhibitions. Artexte also publishes a series of monographs and anthologies and in January 2009, launched the first issue of a bibliographic review, Supplement.
Tayler will present the origins of the Artexte through the lens of book culture and information sharing in contemporary art.
News and Events Archives
- Institutions by Arists Launch at Et al. 2013-04-07
- Intangible Economies at Artists Space 2013-02-07
- Institutions by Artists 2012-10-12
- Intangible Economies at Art Berlin Contemporary 2012-09-16
- Sumi Ink Club 2012-08-18
- Grouper: Sleep 2012-08-16
- Robert Ashley Speaking Thru Will Holder 2012-06-14
- Fillip 16: Berlin Launch 2012-05-30
- Fillip 16: Toronto Launch 2012-05-01
- Pa/per View Art Book Fair 2012-03-23
- It's a Book, It's a Stage, It's a Public Place 2012-03-17
- Destroy All Monsters Screening 2012-02-25
- Fillip at ARCO Experts Forum 2012-02-18
- Intangible Economies 2011-11-18
- Quiz Night 2011-10-12
- David Horvitz: Room 129 2011-06-02
- Recent Publications 2011-04-28
- Of Times Recent and Distant 2011-03-30
- Secondary Information: The Persistence and Absence of Criticism 2011-03-19
- The AAAARG Library 2010-11-04
- Everything is Dangerous 2010-10-28
- Fillip 12 Now Available 2010-10-01
- Unter dem Motto 2010-09-03
- International Chilliwack Biennial 2010-07-28
- Motto Storefront: Ooga Booga 2010-07-17
- Motto Storefront: Working Format 2010-07-10
- Motto Storefront: Metahaven 2010-07-03
- Motto Storefront: Oscar Tuazon 2010-06-26
- Motto Storefront: Andjeas Ejiksson 2010-06-19
- Motto Storefront: Avalanche Launch and Screening 2010-06-05
About Fillip Events
Fillip presents ongoing public programming focussing on talks and facilitated discussions by emerging local and international artists and writers. These local events are complimented Fillip’s regular participation in international book fairs, exhibitions, and conferences.
Unless otherwise noted, events hosted by Fillip are free and open to the public. Space is typically limited, so visitors are encouraged to arrive early to guarantee a seat. Unless an alternate location is given, events are held at Fillip’s Vancouver studio at 305 Cambie Street. Please buzz or call 604 781 4417 for access.